Picking a reception site is just as hard as any other decision you need to make when you plan your wedding. I am not a catering/banquet manager, but I have played almost every venue in New England, most of them several times, and I am happy to give you any insights that I can to help you make your choice.
When you pick any vendor (band, photographer, florist, etc...), one of the most important factors of your decision making process should always include EXPERIENCE! Experience pays off in a number of ways. They can tell you everything from a great corner to take a candid photo to choosing the chicken over the fish...I mean, the true professionals out there have seen it all and can provide you with a wealth of firsthand experience and advice. ASK for their opinion!!! Most vendors will tell you honestly what they have experienced. They usually don’t work for/represent any particular reception hall, florist, photographer etc... We are a great source of info!!!
Like I said, I have played almost everywhere and I can help you shorten your list of potential venues/reception halls/sites etc... I can’t necessarily make the decision for you, because there are a lot of variables that are important to you, but I can share with you my experience at each of the sites that I have played at, like:
- Acoustics of the building
- Ambiance of the site
- Cleanliness, and overall presentation
- And I could probably tell you about the food at most of them and even the waitstaff
I have worked with a huge number of vendors and venues and I have almost never worked with anyone that has been less than professional. One thing about this industry: Your day is important...AND WE TOTALLY UNDERSTAND THAT!!!
When you are ready to make your decision, use your 6 senses (that's right 6):
- Sight – Do they look professional? Does the venue look pretty? Is the equipment modern?
- Touch – Are they easily reachable? Is contacting them a hassle?
- Smell – Does the venue smell clean? Does the food smell delicious? What about the flowers?
- Taste – Does the food taste good? Does the vendor have taste/class?
- Sound – MY SPECIALTY!!! DO THEY SOUND FABULOUS???
- EXPERIENCE - How has your overall experience been with this vendor so far? How experienced is the vendor? Is this their 1st year or is this their 10th year? Have they ever been to this venue/site?
Give us a call anytime and we can talk about availability and I can help answer any questions you might have.
Give me a call at 978.453.3337 or visit our website at www.brandyband.com!
Brandy is a high energy band that has been recognized throughout New England as one of the premier Boston Wedding Bands and has recently received The Wedding Wire 'Bride's Choice Award' for 2010 and 2011.
We have been a mainstay on the New England wedding band and music scene and have performed for numerous celebrities, charities, and dignitaries (even Presidential hopefuls). We still have a few dates available throughout the summer, and we are able to travel throughout New England including:
- Massachusetts (Boston, Cape Cod, Nantucket, Martha's Vineyard, and out to the Berkshires)
- Rhode Island (Newport, Providence, South County)
- New Hampshire