If you really think about why one was particularly more memorable than another, it probably wasn’t because the food was so terrific (although, that certainly helps), and it probably wasn’t because the venue had the most beautiful spot for photos (that matters to the bride/groom). The reason guests will remember your wedding so fondly is simply because they had so much fun. The reason they have so much fun is because the whole party danced their tails off!
The secret to getting your guests out there on the dance floor, and most importantly, KEEPING your guests out on the dance floor lies within the partnership developed between the bride and the band. Sorry groom...You’re a great guy, and we all love you, but honestly, what it all boils down to is:
A great band:
- A great band that can play a wide range of music from today’s top 40 all the way back to the days when Swing was king.
- A band leader/MC that can keep your night moving and deliver impeccable announcements, introductions, and has the experience to keep the show moving regardless of incident. I’ve seen everything from fire to flood and as they say, “The show must go on!”
- A band that can “read the crowd” and make on-the-spot decisions to change songs and set lists to cater to YOUR crowd. Sometimes it’s Lady Gaga that gets them going and sometimes its Lynyrd Skynyrd...It’s the band’s job to figure that out!
- The bride is the leader of the pack and truly the belle of the ball. All eyes are on the bride from the walk down the aisle to the last dance! It’s up to the bride to set the tone for her day.
- The bride needs the band to sound great and generate excitement and the band needs the bride to serve as the centerpiece of the dance floor.
I have literally played thousands of weddings (no joke – thousands)...and without fail and without question, the single most important factor for a fun, swinging, crazy night lies squarely on the shoulders of the bride!
So get out there, dance your tail off, and have more fun than anyone else!!!
Give us a call anytime and we can talk about availability and I can help answer any questions you might have.
Give me a call at 978.453.3337 or visit our website at www.brandyband.com!
Brandy is a high energy band that has been recognized throughout New England as one of the premier Boston Wedding Bands and has recently received The Wedding Wire 'Bride's Choice Award' for 2010 and 2011.
We have been a mainstay on the New England wedding band and music scene and have performed for numerous celebrities, charities, and dignitaries (even Presidential hopefuls). We still have a few dates available throughout the summer, and we are able to travel throughout New England including:
- Massachusetts (Boston, Cape Cod, Nantucket, Martha's Vineyard, and out to the Berkshires)
- Rhode Island (Newport, Providence, South County)
- New Hampshire